Counselling is a special kind of conversation that can help you feel back in control, find answers, heal and change, and can benefit you when what is troubling you: feels too much, has been going on too long or gets in the way of everyday life. It can also be used for personal development.
Some of the benefits from having therapy. A full list of specific difficulties is further down the page.
- Stopping the patterns which keep you going to: overwhelm, anger, anxiety, panic, OCD or depression.
- How to manage powerful emotions such as anger, hurt, aggression and grief.
- Confidence to express thoughts and feelings without feeling weak, shame or embarrassment.
- Get rid of the inner critical voice that limits you and tells you that you are less than you are and boost self esteem and confidence.
- Heal past trauma, its symptoms and come to terms with past events,
- Replace harmful and unhelpful behaviours with effective ones that gets your needs met. (such as self harm, comfort eating,)
- Gain advanced problem solving skills.
- Enhanced coping strategies & how to manage stress and pressure.
- Increased compassion for yourself and others.
- Improved relationships / better understanding of others.
About Integrative counselling
Over the years I’ve learnt no one model of counselling or psychotherapy suits everyone. I am therefore trained in a comprehensive range of outcome evidenced based therapies, have become really good at understanding peoples difficulties, and offer highly personalised help.
I am all about counselling, making a real and lasting difference in your life. That is why we address the underlying cause of your distress or difficulty which get in the way of your efforts to change. Addressing symptoms alone is like taking a pill to cure a headache and temporary.
For those of you who would like more detail about the different therapies: click here.
What can you expect.
In sessions you can expect me to be fully involved, and guide you when unsure, so you can keep making progress
From counselling you will come to understand for yourself the root cause of your difficulties, the reasons why you got stuck and develop new strategies, perspectives, ways and behaviours which give you the changes you want for yourself. Also, to understand yourself more fully and the abilities to be able to work out your own future answers.
I will also share ideas, thoughts, my knowledge, experience and tools to help speed up therapy and which will help you continue making progress between sessions, until your changes become a natural part of who you are.
We make the changes in the room, and when you take these into your daily life, they not only provide powerful inner resources to manage, they add to the qualities you already like about yourself,
As my approach is to empower you to understand yourself and to be able to work out things for yourself, you will also find you have naturally grown in other areas, and can expect positives with your decision making, self-confidence, assertiveness, resilience and in your relationships.
Some of the difficulties I regularly help with:
- Relationship difficulties (when you struggle in a relationship or to maintain one)
- Anxiety/ constant worry and Generalized anxiety disorder.
- Negative / critical thinking
- Feeling unsafe or weak for showing emotions
- Depression / sadness
- Poor self- image / not feeling good enough
- Panic attacks
- Phobias /OCD
- Instinctive people pleasing
- Anger/ over reacting
- Issues from childhood
- Self -harm
- Bereavement and the pain of loss
- Complex Trauma & PTSD (physical, emotional and sexual abuse both as an adult and from childhood) )
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- ADHD, Asperger’s
- Parenting issues
- Sexual difficulties