Counselling is a special kind of conversation that can help you feel back in control, find answers, heal and change, and can benefit you when what is troubling you: feels too much, has been going on too long or gets in the way of everyday life. It can also be used for personal development.
Some of the benefits from having therapy. A full list of specific difficulties is further down the page.
- Stopping the patterns which keep you going to: overwhelm, anger, anxiety, panic, OCD or depression.
- How to stop impulsive reactions to powerful emotions such as anger, hurt, aggression or grief.
- Confidence to express thoughts and feelings without feeling weak, shame or embarrassment.
- Get rid of the inner critical voice that limits you and tells you that you are less than you are and boost self esteem and confidence.
- Heal past trauma, its symptoms and come to terms with past events,
- Replace harmful and unhelpful behaviours with effective ones that gets your needs met. (such as self harm, comfort eating,)
- Gain advanced problem solving skills.
- Enhanced coping strategies & how to manage stress and pressure.
- Increased compassion for yourself and others.
- Improved relationships / better understanding of others.
What can you expect.
I offer In-depth Integrative therapy which is both a powerful and gentle approach to solving even the most severe or longstanding difficulties. It draws from all mainstream therapies and psychology, enabling me to offer highly personalised help, for you to understand the cause of your difficulties ,and together develop new ways and strategies to solve them. And it doesn’t matter if you don’t know what to say or where to start. as I can guide you.
We make the changes happen in the room, and you can also learn new transferable skills, tools and techniques which you can apply to yourself, reducing symptoms, speeding up therapy, and enabling you to bed in your changes until they become a natural part of your personality.
My model is what is called “developmental”. This means as part of my way of working you can gain the same abilities to understand your own future needs, how to meet them and manage life’s future challenges, in the same way I can for myself.
For those of you who would like more detail about the different therapies: click here.
Specialist help with Trauma, PTS, PTSD or Complex PTSD
A trauma is the impact on you of what has happened or what you have witnessed and not determined by any type of particular event or situation. It can be a one off or multiple events, or come from living under constant stress for a prolonged period of time. The ongoing symptoms trigger what we call our “fight”, “flight”, “freeze or flop” responses which can leave us with all kinds of symptoms. I will help you work through the trauma and manage or eradicate symptoms.
Some of the difficulties I regularly help with:
- Relationship difficulties (when you struggle in a relationship or to maintain one)
- Anxiety/ constant worry and Generalized anxiety disorder.
- Negative / critical thinking
- Feeling unsafe or weak for showing emotions
- Depression / sadness
- Poor self- image / not feeling good enough
- Panic attacks
- Phobias /OCD
- Instinctive people pleasing
- Anger/ over reacting
- Issues from childhood
- Self -harm
- Bereavement and the pain of loss
- Complex Trauma & PTSD (physical, emotional and sexual abuse both as an adult and from childhood) )
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- ADHD, Asperger’s
- Parenting issues
- Sexual difficulties